Gruppo Campari Q2 & H1 - Preview
Gruppo Campari will release its Q2 results tomorrow
Tomorrow (4 August), Gruppo Campari will report its second-quarter and first-half results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the Milan-headquartered company has fared in the three months to the end of June.
- At the beginning of April, Gruppo Campari launched a range of "cocktail-inspired" vodkas under its Skyy brand in the US
- Later that month, the company released details of a brand name and packaging update for its Appleton Estate Jamaican rum portfolio, challenging consumers to question the language of rum
- In May, Campari reported a healthy lift in sales and profits in the first three months of this year, in which sales to the US rose 3.2% to account for 21% of group revenues
- At the end of May, the company opened offices in Canada and made appointments in sales, marketing and distribution
- In June, Gruppo Campari agreed to sell Italian winery Enrico Serafino for EUR6.1m (US$6.9M)
In Gruppo Campari's Q1:
- Pre-tax profits leapt by 72.9% to EUR35.8m (US$40m)
- Sales in three months to end of March rose by 13.4% to EUR327.4m
- Operating profits jumped by 29.8% to EUR48.4m
Davide Campari Milano SpA is part of Gruppo Campari, a large corporate group with an international presence. Gruppo Campari manufactures both alcoholic drinks and soft drinks....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during March....
Vodka is an alcoholic beverage that comprises water and ethanol and contains 35%-40% alcohol by volume....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends