Great Expectorations - a tale for our time
For weeks now, all over Europe excited wine buyers have been crossing off the days on their calendar and wine producers from China to Chile have been approving stand designs and fretting about just how they'll play it if "that"' supermarket buyer should drop by. A fair proportion of Europe's drinks industry will have put a big red line through the dates May 16-18. Things get a little crazy when the Trade Fair comes to town. It wasn't always thus. The London Wine Trade Fair used to be a cosy drinking club for old buffers in bow ties to get together with their mates and a few of those funny foreign chaps to drink enough good wine to render them insensible. Nowadays, though, so sensible and professional has the LIWTF (don't forget the newly-added 'international') become that it is rare to see anyone curled up asleep in a corner after a hard day of assiduously forgetting to use the spit bucket.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages