Functional Foods Developing Strongly
The functional food market is undoubtedly developing strongly inmost of the countries and regions of the world where there is an established processed foods market. Limiting the definition of a functional food to foods and drinks that make a specific health claim on pack or in advertising, the market in Europe, the US, Japan and Australia had a combined value of over $5.7 billion in 1999. Of this, Japan accounted for over $2 billion, ahead of Europe and the US, each worth around $1.8 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport