Focus - Pernod Ricard's YTD Performance by Region
Pernod released its YTD results today
Pernod Ricard today announced a 6% rise in sales in the nine months to the end of March. Here's a look at the performance of the company's 14 major spirits and Champagne brands in the year-to-date, as well as a rundown of the top-line figures by region:
- Europe (31.8% of group sales) - YTD sales - -2%
Sales in the region were described as stable overall, with a "broadly stable performance" in France. Sales in Spain were up 2% as its recovery continued and the UK saw sales increase by 4% driven by Mumm, Absolut, Jameson and Campo Viejo.
Travel Retail posted a double-digit decline, blamed on "difficulties linked to the Russian situation and a challenging commercial environment".
Russia, meanwhile, was up 1% in sales for the nine months.
- Americas (26.7% of group sales) - YTD sales - +8%
The healthy sales performance from the Americas was driven by a good Q3 that saw stronger sales in the US (+2%) after challenges in H1. The US unit posted a 1% sales decline for YTD. Brazil saw continued double-digit growth in the nine months and there was "very strong growth" in Travel Retail in the region, Pernod said.
- Asia/Rest of the World (41.5% of group sales) - YTD sales - +11%
The standout region for the nine-month period was China, which enjoyed a successful Chinese New Year, with sales during the festival up 4%. YTD sales were still down, by 3%, however Cognac declines were largely stemmed, down just 1% in the nine months after increasing 7% during Chinese New Year. Whisky remained challenged, down 11% for both YTD and Chinese New Year.
India posted a 19% sales jump in YTD driven by volume growth of Indian whiskies, Scotch (Chivas and The Glenlivet) and Absolut, Pernod said. Africa & Middle East was up 12% in YTD sales while there was a "modest" decline in Asia Travel Retail, the company added.
Organic Sales Growth of the Top 14
The adoption rate of social media has dwarfed any other media before it. But the runaway success of social media presents profound challenges, and opportunities, for drinks manufacturers. The ability ...
From SMEs to corporate global enterprises, all companies understand the importance and benefit of harnessing the power of technology to promote their brands, be it by using social media to interact wi...
UK spirits producer Black Cow is to launch its milk vodka in the US as it ramps up global distribution. ...
Miami Cocktail Co has launched two flavours under its newly-created Small Batch Organics line. ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends