Focus - Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region and brand
Pernod Ricard saw its sales and profits lift in its latest fiscal half-year
- France (7.6% of group sales) was 28% down on the same six months a year earlier, with sales hitting EUR374m. Operating profits tumbled by 54% to EUR80m
- Europe excluding France (25.4% of total sales) was flat, rising by 1% to EUR1.25bn. Operating profits dipped by 4% to EUR326m
- The Americas (26.1%) were up by 10% at EUR1.28bn. Operating profits rose by 12% to EUR378m
- Asia/Rest of the World (40.9%) increased sales by 18% to EUR2.01bn. Operating profits jumped by 28% to EUR674m
Pernod highlighted the performance of 14 of its international brands in the half-year results. Most notably:
- Absolut vodka saw sales rise by 4% in value and by 2% in volumes
- Ballantine's Scotch whisky, however, tumbled by 11% in both sales value and volumes
- Chivas Regal Scotch was up by 3% in sales value but down by 3% in volumes
- Jameson Irish whiskey climbed by 13% in value and by 7% in volumes
- Martell Cognac jumped by 23% in sales value and by 8% in volumes
- The Glenlivet Scotch soared by 21% in sales value and by 17% in volumes
- Mumm Champagne fell by 5% in sales value and by 6% in volumes
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer