Focus - Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region and brand
Pernod Ricard saw its sales and profits lift in its latest fiscal half-year
- France (7.6% of group sales) was 28% down on the same six months a year earlier, with sales hitting EUR374m. Operating profits tumbled by 54% to EUR80m
- Europe excluding France (25.4% of total sales) was flat, rising by 1% to EUR1.25bn. Operating profits dipped by 4% to EUR326m
- The Americas (26.1%) were up by 10% at EUR1.28bn. Operating profits rose by 12% to EUR378m
- Asia/Rest of the World (40.9%) increased sales by 18% to EUR2.01bn. Operating profits jumped by 28% to EUR674m
Pernod highlighted the performance of 14 of its international brands in the half-year results. Most notably:
- Absolut vodka saw sales rise by 4% in value and by 2% in volumes
- Ballantine's Scotch whisky, however, tumbled by 11% in both sales value and volumes
- Chivas Regal Scotch was up by 3% in sales value but down by 3% in volumes
- Jameson Irish whiskey climbed by 13% in value and by 7% in volumes
- Martell Cognac jumped by 23% in sales value and by 8% in volumes
- The Glenlivet Scotch soared by 21% in sales value and by 17% in volumes
- Mumm Champagne fell by 5% in sales value and by 6% in volumes
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research