Focus - PepsiCo's FY Performance By Region
PepsiCo released its full-year and Q4 results earlier today
Earlier today, PepsiCo reported a 3% slip in full-year group net profits as sales were flat. Here, we take a closer look at the firm's beverages performance globally:
- PepsiCo Americas Beverages
The company's only division that deals solely with beverages saw full-year reported sales come in flat. The unit's 2014 operating profits on a constant-currency basis rose by 4%, “reflecting effective net pricing, productivity gains, and lower commodity costs, partially offset by operating cost inflation”.
Fourth-quarter sales, on a reported basis, were up by 1%. In North America, Q4 non-carbonated beverage volumes rose by 4%, while CSD volumes slipped 2%, the company said. In Latin America, beverage volumes in the quarter climbed 3% on the prior year.
The company's full-year net sales, on a reported basis, declined 3% in the region for beverages and snacks combined. Operating profits on a constant-currency basis grew by 4%, which reflected “organic revenue growth and productivity savings, as well as a gain related to the sale of agricultural assets and the lapping of incremental investments in the prior year”, PepsiCo said.
Full-year beverage volumes in the region rose by 1%, compared to 2% growth for snacks.
In Q4, net reported sales slipped 10%, with the company blaming currency exchange movements. Profits on a constant-currency basis fell 5% in the quarter, with operating and cost inflation blamed. Beverage volumes rose by 3% in the period.
- Asia, Middle East and Africa
Full-year net reported sales climbed 3% for beverages and snacks combined. Operating profits in calendar-2014 fell 8% due to “operating cost inflation, charges associated with efficiency initiatives and the lapping of a gain related to the Vietnam beverage business refranchising”, the company said. Beverage volumes grew 2%.
In Q4, reported net sales rose by 4%, while operating profits fell 6%. Beverage volumes grew by 1.5% in the year's final quarter.
The World Economic Forum's Global Risks Report 2016 rates the failure of climate change mitigation and adaptation as the risk that could have the greatest impact on business over the next ten years, w...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends