Focus - PepsiCo H1 & Q2 performance
The sale of a stake in its Vietnam business last year hit sales for Pepsico in Q2
Earlier today (23 July), PepsiCo reported its half-year and second-quarter results, with profits in the half-year rising by 3% on flat sales, and Q2 profits dipping by 2%. Global beverages in the three months to 14 June recorded a rise in organic sales of 2%, but a 1% fall in reported terms.
Here, we take a closer look at the figures.
PepsiCo Americas Beverages, the group's only division that deals solely with beverages, saw sales in Q2 rise by 1% in organic terms, thanks to "slight" volume gains and "effective" net pricing. North America posted a 2% fall in CSD volumes, while non-carbonated volumes in the continent were up by 1%. Total volumes in Latin America were up by 3%.
In Europe, group sales rose by 5%, with beverages reporting a volumes lift of 1%.
A 7% lift in group sales in Asia, Middle East & Africa was supported by 2% volume growth from the drinks portfolio.
PepsiCo noted that the divestment of 51% of its Vietnam beverage business last year "had a slight negative impact in the quarter".
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This case study explores why activist Investor Nelson Peltz is advocating that PepsiCo should separate its drinks and snacks divisions. It assesses the case for and against division, and considers whe...
PepsiCo France SNC aims to reinforce its position in soft drinks by continuing to invest in product innovation and advertising. Over the forecast period the company’s sales are expected to benefit fro...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research