Focus - PepsiCo H1 & Q2 performance
The sale of a stake in its Vietnam business last year hit sales for Pepsico in Q2
Earlier today (23 July), PepsiCo reported its half-year and second-quarter results, with profits in the half-year rising by 3% on flat sales, and Q2 profits dipping by 2%. Global beverages in the three months to 14 June recorded a rise in organic sales of 2%, but a 1% fall in reported terms.
Here, we take a closer look at the figures.
PepsiCo Americas Beverages, the group's only division that deals solely with beverages, saw sales in Q2 rise by 1% in organic terms, thanks to "slight" volume gains and "effective" net pricing. North America posted a 2% fall in CSD volumes, while non-carbonated volumes in the continent were up by 1%. Total volumes in Latin America were up by 3%.
In Europe, group sales rose by 5%, with beverages reporting a volumes lift of 1%.
A 7% lift in group sales in Asia, Middle East & Africa was supported by 2% volume growth from the drinks portfolio.
PepsiCo noted that the divestment of 51% of its Vietnam beverage business last year "had a slight negative impact in the quarter".
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk