Focus - PepsiCo H1 & Q2 performance
The sale of a stake in its Vietnam business last year hit sales for Pepsico in Q2
Earlier today (23 July), PepsiCo reported its half-year and second-quarter results, with profits in the half-year rising by 3% on flat sales, and Q2 profits dipping by 2%. Global beverages in the three months to 14 June recorded a rise in organic sales of 2%, but a 1% fall in reported terms.
Here, we take a closer look at the figures.
PepsiCo Americas Beverages, the group's only division that deals solely with beverages, saw sales in Q2 rise by 1% in organic terms, thanks to "slight" volume gains and "effective" net pricing. North America posted a 2% fall in CSD volumes, while non-carbonated volumes in the continent were up by 1%. Total volumes in Latin America were up by 3%.
In Europe, group sales rose by 5%, with beverages reporting a volumes lift of 1%.
A 7% lift in group sales in Asia, Middle East & Africa was supported by 2% volume growth from the drinks portfolio.
PepsiCo noted that the divestment of 51% of its Vietnam beverage business last year "had a slight negative impact in the quarter".
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This case study explores why activist Investor Nelson Peltz is advocating that PepsiCo should separate its drinks and snacks divisions. It assesses the case for and against division, and considers whe...
PepsiCo is present in both HW beverages and HW packaged food. It remains overly reliant on the sluggish HW carbonates category however, where consumers in the mature markets are becoming increasingly ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends