Focus - PepsiCo H1 & Q2 performance
The sale of a stake in its Vietnam business last year hit sales for Pepsico in Q2
Earlier today (23 July), PepsiCo reported its half-year and second-quarter results, with profits in the half-year rising by 3% on flat sales, and Q2 profits dipping by 2%. Global beverages in the three months to 14 June recorded a rise in organic sales of 2%, but a 1% fall in reported terms.
Here, we take a closer look at the figures.
PepsiCo Americas Beverages, the group's only division that deals solely with beverages, saw sales in Q2 rise by 1% in organic terms, thanks to "slight" volume gains and "effective" net pricing. North America posted a 2% fall in CSD volumes, while non-carbonated volumes in the continent were up by 1%. Total volumes in Latin America were up by 3%.
In Europe, group sales rose by 5%, with beverages reporting a volumes lift of 1%.
A 7% lift in group sales in Asia, Middle East & Africa was supported by 2% volume growth from the drinks portfolio.
PepsiCo noted that the divestment of 51% of its Vietnam beverage business last year "had a slight negative impact in the quarter".
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2014....
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, PepsiCo seeks to “continue to broaden the range of our product portfolio, including expanding our offerings of more nutritious products ... by reduci...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018