Focus - PepsiCo H1 & Q2 performance
The sale of a stake in its Vietnam business last year hit sales for Pepsico in Q2
Earlier today (23 July), PepsiCo reported its half-year and second-quarter results, with profits in the half-year rising by 3% on flat sales, and Q2 profits dipping by 2%. Global beverages in the three months to 14 June recorded a rise in organic sales of 2%, but a 1% fall in reported terms.
Here, we take a closer look at the figures.
PepsiCo Americas Beverages, the group's only division that deals solely with beverages, saw sales in Q2 rise by 1% in organic terms, thanks to "slight" volume gains and "effective" net pricing. North America posted a 2% fall in CSD volumes, while non-carbonated volumes in the continent were up by 1%. Total volumes in Latin America were up by 3%.
In Europe, group sales rose by 5%, with beverages reporting a volumes lift of 1%.
A 7% lift in group sales in Asia, Middle East & Africa was supported by 2% volume growth from the drinks portfolio.
PepsiCo noted that the divestment of 51% of its Vietnam beverage business last year "had a slight negative impact in the quarter".
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018