Focus - MillerCoors FY Performance - Group Financials, Brands
MillerCoors is seen a boost from its craft beer division Tenth & Blake
Earlier today (14 February) MillerCoors, the US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors, announced a jump in full-year net profits, up 18.6% to US$1.19bn. This came despite a moderate sales performance, up by 2.8% to $7.76bn. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures in more detail:
Domestic net revenue per barrel was up by 3.5% for the full-year and 2.9% for Q4 due to "strong net pricing and favourable mix"
Group net revenue per barrel, including contract brewing and company-owned distributor sales, rose by 3.3% in 2012 and 2.9% for the last quarter.
In Q4, total cost of goods sold (COGS) rose by 1.6% as a result of "commodity inflation and packaging innovation".
COGS were offset by $25m cost savings "primarily related to procurement savings and brewery efficiencies", the company said.
Coors Light - 2012 was the brand's "eighth consecutive year of volume growth", the company said. In Q4 it grew low single-digits, "outpacing the total category".
Miller Lite - in the full-year, the brand declined by "low-single digits" and "mid-single digits" in Q4. A new "iconic" bottle for the on-trade is planned in the middle of this year.
Tenth and Blake Beer Company - the division boosted the group's craft and import portfolio by "double digits" in the quarter and the full year, driven by Blue Moon and Leinenkugel's. Peroni Nastro Azzurro was also up by mid-single digits in the quarter and high-single digits for the year.
Economy portfolio (Miller High Life, Keystone Light) - declined "mid single-digits for the year and low single-digits for the quarter".
Premium Regular portfolio (Miller Genuine Draft, Coors Banquet) - down "low single-digits for the quarter and down mid single-digits for the year".
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Alcoholic Drinks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The p...
Alcoholic Drinks in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 201...
Alcoholic Drinks in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018