Focus - MillerCoors FY Performance - Group Financials, Brands
MillerCoors is seen a boost from its craft beer division Tenth & Blake
Earlier today (14 February) MillerCoors, the US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors, announced a jump in full-year net profits, up 18.6% to US$1.19bn. This came despite a moderate sales performance, up by 2.8% to $7.76bn. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures in more detail:
Domestic net revenue per barrel was up by 3.5% for the full-year and 2.9% for Q4 due to "strong net pricing and favourable mix"
Group net revenue per barrel, including contract brewing and company-owned distributor sales, rose by 3.3% in 2012 and 2.9% for the last quarter.
In Q4, total cost of goods sold (COGS) rose by 1.6% as a result of "commodity inflation and packaging innovation".
COGS were offset by $25m cost savings "primarily related to procurement savings and brewery efficiencies", the company said.
Coors Light - 2012 was the brand's "eighth consecutive year of volume growth", the company said. In Q4 it grew low single-digits, "outpacing the total category".
Miller Lite - in the full-year, the brand declined by "low-single digits" and "mid-single digits" in Q4. A new "iconic" bottle for the on-trade is planned in the middle of this year.
Tenth and Blake Beer Company - the division boosted the group's craft and import portfolio by "double digits" in the quarter and the full year, driven by Blue Moon and Leinenkugel's. Peroni Nastro Azzurro was also up by mid-single digits in the quarter and high-single digits for the year.
Economy portfolio (Miller High Life, Keystone Light) - declined "mid single-digits for the year and low single-digits for the quarter".
Premium Regular portfolio (Miller Genuine Draft, Coors Banquet) - down "low single-digits for the quarter and down mid single-digits for the year".
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research