Focus - MillerCoors FY Performance - Group Financials, Brands
MillerCoors is seen a boost from its craft beer division Tenth & Blake
Earlier today (14 February) MillerCoors, the US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors, announced a jump in full-year net profits, up 18.6% to US$1.19bn. This came despite a moderate sales performance, up by 2.8% to $7.76bn. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures in more detail:
Domestic net revenue per barrel was up by 3.5% for the full-year and 2.9% for Q4 due to "strong net pricing and favourable mix"
Group net revenue per barrel, including contract brewing and company-owned distributor sales, rose by 3.3% in 2012 and 2.9% for the last quarter.
In Q4, total cost of goods sold (COGS) rose by 1.6% as a result of "commodity inflation and packaging innovation".
COGS were offset by $25m cost savings "primarily related to procurement savings and brewery efficiencies", the company said.
Coors Light - 2012 was the brand's "eighth consecutive year of volume growth", the company said. In Q4 it grew low single-digits, "outpacing the total category".
Miller Lite - in the full-year, the brand declined by "low-single digits" and "mid-single digits" in Q4. A new "iconic" bottle for the on-trade is planned in the middle of this year.
Tenth and Blake Beer Company - the division boosted the group's craft and import portfolio by "double digits" in the quarter and the full year, driven by Blue Moon and Leinenkugel's. Peroni Nastro Azzurro was also up by mid-single digits in the quarter and high-single digits for the year.
Economy portfolio (Miller High Life, Keystone Light) - declined "mid single-digits for the year and low single-digits for the quarter".
Premium Regular portfolio (Miller Genuine Draft, Coors Banquet) - down "low single-digits for the quarter and down mid single-digits for the year".
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends