Focus - Dr Pepper Snapple Group's Q4 & FY Performance by Brand
DPSG posted its full-year results today
- Bottler case sale (BCS) volumes in the final three months of 2013 declined by 2%, with both carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and non-carbonated beverages (NCBs) falling by 2%.
- In CSDs, Dr Pepper volumes decreased by 1% and the “Core 4” brands, which include the low-calorie Ten range, declined by 4%. There was a high-single digit decrease in 7UP and mid-single digit falls in Sunkist soda and A&W. This was partially offset by a mid-single digit increase in Canada Dry. Squirt and RC Cola both decreased BCS volumes by mid-single digits.
- In NCBs, Hawaiian Punch BCS volumes decreased by 8%. This decline was partially offset by a 3% increase in Snapple, DPSG said. Mott’s was flat in the quarter.
- The US and Canada saw BCS volumes fall by 2% in Q4, while Mexico & the Caribbean volumes increased 4%.
- BCS volumes in 2013 fell by 2% with both CSDs and NCBs declining by 2%.
- Dr Pepper volumes dropped by 2% and the Core 4 brands fell by 1%. There were mid-single digit declines in 7UP and Sunkist soda, and a low-single digit decrease in A&W. Against this was a mid-single digit increase in Canada Dry. Crush, Squirt and RC Cola all declined mid-single digits while Sun Drop fell by double-digits.
- In NCBs, Hawaiian Punch volumes were down by 9% for the year. This was partially offset by a 2% increase in Snapple and a mid-single digit increase in Mott’s.
- US and Canada BCS volumes declined by 2%, and Mexico & the Caribbean volumes increased 3%.
- Overall sales volumes were down by 4% for the quarter and by 3% for the year.
BCS volumes - Sales of finished beverages, in equivalent 288oz cases, sold by the company and its bottling partners to retailers and independent distributors and excludes contract manufacturing volume
Sales volumes - Sales of concentrates and finished beverages, in equivalent 288oz cases, shipped by the company to its bottlers, retailers and independent distributors and includes contract manufacturing volumes.
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Juices in United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
Keurig Green Mountain (KGM) expects to almost double the number of brands available on its Keurig Cold home-carbonation platform after it launches this Autumn....
Soft Drinks in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The p...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends