Focus - Dr Pepper Snapple Group's Q2 Performance
DPSG released its H1 & Q2 results today
Bottler case sales volumes
In Q2, bottler case sales (BCS) volumes rose 1% with carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) increasing 2% and non-carbonated beverages (NCBs) dropping by 4%, the company said.
In CSDs, Dr Pepper BCS volumes decreased 1%. The “Core 4” brands, which include the low-calorie Ten range, increased 2% driven primarily by a high-single-digit increase in Canada Dry, which was partially offset by a low-single-digit decrease in A&W. Sunkist soda and 7UP were flat in the period. Both Peñafiel and Schweppes grew double digits.
In NCBs, Hawaiian Punch volumes fell12%. Snapple declined 3%, primarily driven by a “de-emphasis” on value products, DPSG said. Snapple Premium increased low-single-digits, and Mott’s was flat in the period.
By geography, US and Canada volumes were flat, and Mexico and the Caribbean volumes rose 6%.
Net sales for Q2 decreased 2% as concentrate price rises taken earlier in the year were offset by higher discounts, the group said.
DPSG reported that net sales for the quarter climbed 1% on favourable product mix and an increase in contract volume, which was partially offset by declines in branded volumes.
Latin America Beverages
Net sales for the quarter increased 24% reflecting higher retail pricing associated with the pass-through of the sugar tax in Mexico, favourable mix and a 6% volumes increase driven primarily by innovation on Peñafiel.
For the quarter and year-to-date, sales volumes increased 1%.
BCS volumes - Sales of finished beverages, in equivalent 288oz cases, sold by the company and its bottling partners to retailers and independent distributors and excludes contract manufacturing volume
Sales volumes - Sales of concentrates and finished beverages, in equivalent 288oz cases, shipped by the company to its bottlers, retailers and independent distributors and includes contract manufacturing volumes.
The fourth section of this year's Sustainability in Soft Drinks management briefing looks at how broadening stakeholder involvement can enhance company-sponsored research projects, while also examinin...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc will continue to focus on the “marketplace of many”, which it has identified as including multicultural segments, the millennial generation, baby boomers, mothers and the “...
Juices in United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
Soft Drinks in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The p...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research