Focus - Dr Pepper Snapple Group's Q2 Performance
DPSG released its H1 & Q2 results today
Bottler case sales volumes
In Q2, bottler case sales (BCS) volumes rose 1% with carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) increasing 2% and non-carbonated beverages (NCBs) dropping by 4%, the company said.
In CSDs, Dr Pepper BCS volumes decreased 1%. The “Core 4” brands, which include the low-calorie Ten range, increased 2% driven primarily by a high-single-digit increase in Canada Dry, which was partially offset by a low-single-digit decrease in A&W. Sunkist soda and 7UP were flat in the period. Both Peñafiel and Schweppes grew double digits.
In NCBs, Hawaiian Punch volumes fell12%. Snapple declined 3%, primarily driven by a “de-emphasis” on value products, DPSG said. Snapple Premium increased low-single-digits, and Mott’s was flat in the period.
By geography, US and Canada volumes were flat, and Mexico and the Caribbean volumes rose 6%.
Net sales for Q2 decreased 2% as concentrate price rises taken earlier in the year were offset by higher discounts, the group said.
DPSG reported that net sales for the quarter climbed 1% on favourable product mix and an increase in contract volume, which was partially offset by declines in branded volumes.
Latin America Beverages
Net sales for the quarter increased 24% reflecting higher retail pricing associated with the pass-through of the sugar tax in Mexico, favourable mix and a 6% volumes increase driven primarily by innovation on Peñafiel.
For the quarter and year-to-date, sales volumes increased 1%.
BCS volumes - Sales of finished beverages, in equivalent 288oz cases, sold by the company and its bottling partners to retailers and independent distributors and excludes contract manufacturing volume
Sales volumes - Sales of concentrates and finished beverages, in equivalent 288oz cases, shipped by the company to its bottlers, retailers and independent distributors and includes contract manufacturing volumes.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report
Synopsis Canadean's "Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...read more
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
Synopsis Canadean's "Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group seeks to “capture growth by continuing to focus on key consumer trends” according to its February 2012 CAGNY presentation. The company will focus on the “marketplace of many” -...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018