Focus - Constellation Brands Half-Year Results
Constellation Brands released its H1 results earlier today
Earlier today (3 October), Constellation Brands released its half-year and Q2 results. With the company completing the full takeover of its Crown Imports beer JV in June, the figures were skewed heavily versus the corresponding period a year earlier. Here, we look a little closer at Constellation's performance.
Net sales from the beer division in the second quarter rose by 3% year-on-year to US$814.6m. Half-year sales were up by 4% to $1.58bn. Depletion volumes - meaning shipments from distributors to retailers in the US - rose by 7.1% in Q2 and by 5.2% in the half-year.
Constellation included the full results from Crown for the first time in its Q2 figures.
Net sales from Constellation's wine operations inched up by 2% in Q2 to $629.1m, with half-year sales increasing by 4% to $1.23bn.
Spirits struggled throughout the six month period: In the three months to the end of August, spirits sales plunged by 18% to $67.9m, and by 8% to $144m.
Operating profits from Constellation's wine and spirits operations were hit by higher promotional expense and grape costs, and the timing of shipments for the year. The company said that it expects most of the growth from wine and spirits to come in the second half of its fiscal year, "resulting from the timing of product shipments".
To read the company's official statement, click here.
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
The company faced a period of uncertainty at the end of 2012 regarding its future in the midst of A-B InBev and Constellation Brands’ merger discussions. Eventually, in February 2013, all parties reac...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future