Focus – Coca-Cola Icecek FY & Q4 Performance by Region
Coca-Cola Icecek saw sales and profits leap in 2012
Late last week, Turkey-based Coca-Cola Icecek posted a healthy set of figures for 2012. Here's a breakdown of the figures by region for the Coca-Cola bottler.
Sales volumes in CCI's home market of Turkey were up by 4%, while net sales climbed by 11.5%. EBITDA from the country was up by 19.9% to TRL434.7m (US$).
International operations last year constituted 33% of total value and volumes, up from 28% in 2011 in both cases. The firm's international division delivered FY sales volumes increases of 31.2%, with sales in value terms climbing by 33.7%.
Volumes in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan grew by 32% and 20%, respectively, while volumes in Pakistan jumped by 23%.
Iraq’s share within international operations increased to 15% from 11% a year ago, with the north of the country delivering a 45% jump in volumes in the year.
Turkey's sales were up by 12.5% in volumes and by 20% in value for the last three months of 2012. However, EBITDA fell markedly, by 24.3% to TRL35.9m, due to higher sweetener prices and lower dividends from subsidiaries in the quarter.
The international division saw volumes jump by 48.3% and sales by value perform similarly, rising by 43.3%. EBITDA was up by 65.3% to US$22.1m.
All key markets posted double-digit volumes increase, thanks to New Year campaigns, expanded route to market initiatives and promotional activities. First-time consolidation of southern Iraq was also a factor in the quarterly performance. Like-for-like growth of international operations was 20.9%.
Coca-Cola Icecek, which is the sixth largest bottler in the Coca-Cola system, also has operations in Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Jordan and Syria.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research