Focus – Coca-Cola Icecek FY & Q4 Performance by Region
Coca-Cola Icecek saw sales and profits leap in 2012
Late last week, Turkey-based Coca-Cola Icecek posted a healthy set of figures for 2012. Here's a breakdown of the figures by region for the Coca-Cola bottler.
Sales volumes in CCI's home market of Turkey were up by 4%, while net sales climbed by 11.5%. EBITDA from the country was up by 19.9% to TRL434.7m (US$).
International operations last year constituted 33% of total value and volumes, up from 28% in 2011 in both cases. The firm's international division delivered FY sales volumes increases of 31.2%, with sales in value terms climbing by 33.7%.
Volumes in Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan grew by 32% and 20%, respectively, while volumes in Pakistan jumped by 23%.
Iraq’s share within international operations increased to 15% from 11% a year ago, with the north of the country delivering a 45% jump in volumes in the year.
Turkey's sales were up by 12.5% in volumes and by 20% in value for the last three months of 2012. However, EBITDA fell markedly, by 24.3% to TRL35.9m, due to higher sweetener prices and lower dividends from subsidiaries in the quarter.
The international division saw volumes jump by 48.3% and sales by value perform similarly, rising by 43.3%. EBITDA was up by 65.3% to US$22.1m.
All key markets posted double-digit volumes increase, thanks to New Year campaigns, expanded route to market initiatives and promotional activities. First-time consolidation of southern Iraq was also a factor in the quarterly performance. Like-for-like growth of international operations was 20.9%.
Coca-Cola Icecek, which is the sixth largest bottler in the Coca-Cola system, also has operations in Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Jordan and Syria.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research