Focus - C&C Group FY Performance by Region
Earlier today, C&C Group reported a strong rise in full-year sales, but profits slipped due to costs from integrating acquisitions. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance by region:
Republic of Ireland
Sales in the region, excluding the Gleeson business, rose by 2.2% to EUR94.2m, off the back of a 1.1% lift in volumes. Operating profits increased by 9.4% to EUR43m. Cider sales rose by 1.7%, with the Bulmers cider brand in “strong health”, the group said. Beer volumes were up 3.7% in the year.
Despite a “complex and challenging integration” for the Gleeson business, which C&C acquired in March last year, the unit reported operating profits of EUR5.2m, off the back of EUR143.1m sales.
The UK (Cider)
Net sales in the region slipped 15% to EUR112.8m, off an 11% slide in volumes. Operating profits dipped 29% to EUR20.7m. UK cider sales for the group fell by 15% due to the “proliferation of new entrants and range extensions”. Magners volumes slipped by 10%.
The UK (Tennent's)
Sales for the unit fell by 1.1% to EUR103.6m, while volumes slipped by 1.6%. Operating profits rose by 18.9% to $34.6m. On-trade volumes grew by 3.1%.
C&C said the unit saw net sales leap by 65.5%, boosted by the integration of Vermont Hard Cider Co into the results, following the acquisition in late 2012. Volumes were up 67.2%, while operating profits jumped 68.4%. “The integration and re-positioning of the US business impacted performance over the past 12 months at a time when competition also intensified,” the company said.
In its export business, volumes rose by 11% year on year and represent 34% of international volumes. The Magners brand grew by 13% with Canada and Australia up 27% and 8% respectively. C&C now exports to 47 countries.
Cider Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Cider Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Cider consumption in West Europe. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and forecast...read more
Synopsis Canadean's "Smurfit Kappa Group plc : Packaging - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)