Focus - Campari's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
Today (13 May), Gruppo Campari announced its first-quarter results, with a disappointing March impacting on a positive opening two months. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the group's results by region and brand:
The region, which accounts for 41% of total group sales, posted overall growth of 16.5%. Organic sales were up by 5%.
The US - 20% of group sales - saw sales increase organically by 2.8%. Skyy vodka and Wild Turkey found single-digit growth.
Sales in Jamaica - 10% of group sales - fell by 26%, Campari said without giving details. Meanwhile, sales in Brazil were up 10% organically on the back of growth in the Skyy and Campari brands. Argentina, where Campari and Skyy both grew by triple digits, posted strong 47% organic sales growth.
Campari's domestic market of Italy recorded a 5% increase in organic and reported sales. Campari Soda helped drive the growth, with a 14% jump in organic sales after “heightened A&P investments”. Aperol's organic sales were down 5%.
Sales in the rest of Europe (21% of group sales) rose by 1% overall, with organic growth flat. Aperol returned to growth, up 6.5% organically, offsetting weakness in the rest of the portfolio.
Russia registered an organic decline of 24% because of a later Easter.
- Rest of the World/Travel Retail
The region saw sales fall by a reported 19%, with an organic slide of 18%. The negative organic performance was due to declines in Japan and Australia, the second of which was affected by the late Easter.
Campari increased organic sales by 17% after a strong performance in Italy, Argentina and Brazil.
Aperol was up 11% as it returned to form in Germany and other key markets.
Skyy sales climbed by 4%, with Skyy Infusions growing organic sales by double digits.
Wild Turkey's organic sales were up by 4.5%, but Australia saw weak trends for the American Honey and American Honey RTD extensions.
The Lascelles deMercado & Co rum portfolio, including Appleton, W&N White Overproof and Coruba, was down 13.5% organically after it was impacted by the late Easter.
The Cinzano range raised its organic sales by 12.5%.
Davide Campari – Milano S.p.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report
Synopsis Canadean's "Davide Campari – Milano S.p.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. T...read more
Vodka is the second largest segment of the Global Spirits market, accounting for a share of 15.75 percent in 2013. Countries such as Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, and the Czech ...
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's re...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2014....
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets