Focus - Beam Inc's Q3 & YTD Performance by Region, Brand
Beam released its Q3 & YTD results today
The company posted a 1% drop in Q3 comparable net sales in the region, but a 4% increase in YTD. Third-quarter sales were down an estimated 5% because of the reduction of US distributor inventory levels, Beam said.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Net sales increased by 3% in Q3 and 4% YTD. The company said it continued to deliver above-market performance, led by Jim Beam’s strength in Germany and across Europe.
Asia-Pacific & South America
There was a 20% drop in Q3 for comparable net sales in the region and a 10% drop in YTD. Beam said results were down an estimated 16% in Q3 and 10% YTD because of the timing of sales in Australia and in emerging markets, together with a challenging comparison in India. Courvoisier and Teacher’s brands were “particularly impacted”, Beam said.
Key Brand Performance
Comparable net sales growth, year-to-date 2013 (January – September):
|Comparable Net Sales Growth|
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters....
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014