Focus - Beam Inc's Q3 & YTD Performance by Region, Brand
Beam released its Q3 & YTD results today
The company posted a 1% drop in Q3 comparable net sales in the region, but a 4% increase in YTD. Third-quarter sales were down an estimated 5% because of the reduction of US distributor inventory levels, Beam said.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Net sales increased by 3% in Q3 and 4% YTD. The company said it continued to deliver above-market performance, led by Jim Beam’s strength in Germany and across Europe.
Asia-Pacific & South America
There was a 20% drop in Q3 for comparable net sales in the region and a 10% drop in YTD. Beam said results were down an estimated 16% in Q3 and 10% YTD because of the timing of sales in Australia and in emerging markets, together with a challenging comparison in India. Courvoisier and Teacher’s brands were “particularly impacted”, Beam said.
Key Brand Performance
Comparable net sales growth, year-to-date 2013 (January – September):
|Comparable Net Sales Growth|
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends