Focus - Arca Continental's Performance by Region, Sector
Arca Continental released its full-year results yesterday
Yesterday (19 February), Arca Continental reported its full-year results, revealing a strong rise in sales and profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Mexico-based company's performance in the 12-month period by region and sector.
Net sales for Mexico Beverages reached MEX10.1m (US$798m) during Q4, an increase of 8.3%, while volumes rose by 5.3%. The colas segment grew 4.5% and still beverages contributed to volumes growth with a 15.3% increase in the fourth quarter. For the full year, still beverages rose 16.3%, contributing 43% of the country’s volume growth. Powerade grew 23.7% in 2012, closing as the market leader in the traditional channel.
Net sales for the South America Division increased by 10.8% in the fourth quarter to MEX3.9m and 24.1% in the full year to MEX13.4m. Q4 volumes for South America grew 3.5%, driven by a 2% increase in the colas segment and 3.6% in flavours. Flavoured water continued to post strong results, with an increase of 73%. In the full year, volumes increased by 4.2%.
- Argentina volumes grew by 3.3% during Q4 and 5% in the full year.
- Ecuador volumes grew by 3.7% during Q4 and 3.4% in the full year. Water volumes almost doubled, up by 95% year-on-year
Overall cola volumes were up by 19% in the full year and 4% in Q4, helping to push the sparkling category to a 17.6% full-year increase. Water showed the highest growth in all categories, up by 28.6% in 2012, while still beverages also performed well, up by 16% for the year.
Total volumes were up by 20% for the year and 5% in the final quarter.
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research