Focus - Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region, Brands
A-B InBev reported its FY results today
Earlier today Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a 13% rise in full-year net profits from a single-digit lift in sales. Here just-drinks takes a closer look at the world’s biggest brewer’s results by region and by brand:
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) up in organic terms by 2.4% to $6.7bn
- US volumes up by 0.6% in FY and 2.2% in Q4. Sales up 4.9% due to price increase in late 2011 and “positive brand mix”
- Canada beer volumes flat in FY, down 2% in Q4
Latin America North (LAN)
- EBITDA rose by 14.2% to 5.8bn
- Volumes up 3% in FY - beer volumes rose by 2.7% and soft drinks by 3.7%. Total Q4 volumes up 3.5%
- Brazil beer FY volumes rose 2.5% and 2.9% in Q4, due to “strong execution of commercial initiatives, extra price promotions and favorable weather
Latin America South (LAS)
- EBITDA up by 21.9% to $1.4bn
- Volumes down by 0.8% to - beer volumes flat, non-alcoholic volumes fell 2.2%
- Argentina FY beer volumes fell by 0.4%, due to an “uncertain consumer environment and a weak industry”
- EBITDA up by 1.4% to $1.2bn
- Total FY volumes down by 4.2%; beer volumes fell by 3.5%
- UK “own product” FY volumes down by 8.2% in 12.7% in Q4, mainly due to a “weak industry and market share pressure due to competitive activity in the off-trade channel”
Central and Eastern Europe
- EBITDA rose by 19% to $257m
- FY beer volumes fell by 11.3% and 9.9% in Q4
- Russia beer volumes down by 12% in FY and 10.9% in Q4, driven by “industry weakness following regulatory changes”
- EBITDA up by 8.2% to $396m
- FY beer volumes up by 1.9% and down by 8% in Q4
- China beer volumes rose by 1.9% in FY and dropped by 8.1% in Q4. Fourth quarter drop due to “severe cold and wet weather”
- FY volumes of global brands - Budweiser, Stella Artois, Beck’s - up by 4.1%
- Budweiser volumes now greater from outside (51%) than inside the US, due to China, Russia and Brazil growth
- Stella Artois: saw “double-digit” growth in US; in Brazil, volumes up nearly 50%; “solid gains” in Russia
- Beck’s “performed well” in Germany and China
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
This "value set" report combines Beer in the U.S., Imported Beer and Specialty Beer and Microbrewery Markets to create the most exhaustive study of the U.S. beer market available. An $18,000+ value th...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"