Exports key to growth of Mexican brewers
Both of Mexico's leading brewers, Grupo Modelo and Femsa Cerveza, have defied the US economic slowdown by registering a substantial increase in US sales. Export expansion has more than offset sluggish sales at home. But according to Victor Flores, industry analyst for Casa de Bolsa Interacciones: "Sales at the national level are very stagnant. Volumes are really not very good for either company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down