E-commerce - some implications
Introduction The media is full of articles extolling thepotential benefits of e-commerce. However, these are largely from the perspective ofconsumer sales. A poll by ComputerWorld of 100 senior systems managers found that 36percent had diverted resources to internet projects. This was done purely as a result oftop management reading a media report on e-commerce technology. This is hardly a strategicrationale. Sales of mid-range and enterprise systems have been boosted by the demands ofcompanies rushing to develop e-commerce facilities. In short, the hype surrounding thepotential of e-commerce is driving organizations to develop e-commerce capabilities, oftenwithout considering the strategic implications. This article will explore some of thepotential implications of the much anticipated explosion in e-commerce activity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends