Drinking Holes From Hell
Let's face it. War is hell. War is stupid. It's also the best excuse for drinking ever invented. Having passed most of the Bosnian war in a blur of Jack Daniels and slivovitz , I can confirm that some things in life - performing a three point turn in the middle of a minefield, speeding down Sarajevo¹s sniper alley - are best done with a drink close at hand. But at least journalists and soldiers are on the same wavelength: the young, male and stupid wavelength, that is. No front line trench in Bosnia was complete without its own drinks cabinet. And no front line tour was complete, alas, without an enforced swig of home-made plum brandy. If you managed to avoid Uncle Slobodan's finest, then there was always a Hungarian
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends