Dairy Alerts - September 1999
Identification and control ofprocessing variables that affect the quality and safety of fluid milk There are potential advantages for bothprocessor and consumer in extending the shelf-life of fluid milk. Uniformly good flavourand acceptable keeping quality are essential in maintaining fluid milk sales. This studywas aimed at increasing the quality and safety of fluid milk by eliminatingpost-pasteurization contamination. Factors involved in the post-pasteurizationcontamination of fluid milk were identified. Raw milk quality, state of cleanliness andsanitizing equipment, carton sanitary conditions, air quality and storage temperature wereexamined. Sequential analysis of the processing system indicated that the filling machineand the pasteurizer were significant sources of post-pasteurization contamination.Eliminating sources of contamination, and proper cleaning followed by sanitizing withchlorine significantly increased milk shelf-life in cardboard containers to 20.4 days froman initial shelf-life of 9 days. Enclosing the filling chamber and air sterilizationreduced variance in milk shelf-life.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World