Dairy Alerts - September 1999
Identification and control ofprocessing variables that affect the quality and safety of fluid milk There are potential advantages for bothprocessor and consumer in extending the shelf-life of fluid milk. Uniformly good flavourand acceptable keeping quality are essential in maintaining fluid milk sales. This studywas aimed at increasing the quality and safety of fluid milk by eliminatingpost-pasteurization contamination. Factors involved in the post-pasteurizationcontamination of fluid milk were identified. Raw milk quality, state of cleanliness andsanitizing equipment, carton sanitary conditions, air quality and storage temperature wereexamined. Sequential analysis of the processing system indicated that the filling machineand the pasteurizer were significant sources of post-pasteurization contamination.Eliminating sources of contamination, and proper cleaning followed by sanitizing withchlorine significantly increased milk shelf-life in cardboard containers to 20.4 days froman initial shelf-life of 9 days. Enclosing the filling chamber and air sterilizationreduced variance in milk shelf-life.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research