Dairy alerts - October 1999
Near-infrared analysis of fat,protein, and casein in cow's milk. Although the determination of the principal constituents of milk is important in the dairyindustry, reference analyses for fat, protein and casein are expensive and time-consuming.Near-infrared spectroscopy offers a rapid, precise and non-destructive method requiring nosample preparation. The feasibility of using NIR analysis for determining fat, crudeprotein, true protein and casein in bovine milk was evaluated. The effects ofhomogenization on NIR determinations of milk fat were also studied. The results showedthat partial calibration including homogenized and non-homogenized samples only would bebetter for accurate NIR fat determination. Low standard errors of prediction andvalidation were achieved.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020