Dairy Alerts - Nov 1998
Why milk needs reassessing. Author : Amor D. Source : Food Industry News, (August), 10 (0 ref.), 1998 Abstract : A study of the occurrence of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis, a presumed cause of Crohn's disease, in milk is to be carried out. M. paratuberculosis exists in bacillary and spheroplast form. The bacillary form is easy to detect and many would be required to cause the disease. The spheroplast form is more difficult to detect and very few are required to cause the illness. Pasteurization of milk may not destroy the organisms, and some have increased pasteurization time from 15 to 25 seconds. UHT does destroy M. paratuberculosis, as well as other pathogens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends