Dairy Alerts - Nov 1998
Why milk needs reassessing. Author : Amor D. Source : Food Industry News, (August), 10 (0 ref.), 1998 Abstract : A study of the occurrence of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis, a presumed cause of Crohn's disease, in milk is to be carried out. M. paratuberculosis exists in bacillary and spheroplast form. The bacillary form is easy to detect and many would be required to cause the disease. The spheroplast form is more difficult to detect and very few are required to cause the illness. Pasteurization of milk may not destroy the organisms, and some have increased pasteurization time from 15 to 25 seconds. UHT does destroy M. paratuberculosis, as well as other pathogens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO