Dairy Alerts - Nov 1998
Why milk needs reassessing. Author : Amor D. Source : Food Industry News, (August), 10 (0 ref.), 1998 Abstract : A study of the occurrence of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis, a presumed cause of Crohn's disease, in milk is to be carried out. M. paratuberculosis exists in bacillary and spheroplast form. The bacillary form is easy to detect and many would be required to cause the disease. The spheroplast form is more difficult to detect and very few are required to cause the illness. Pasteurization of milk may not destroy the organisms, and some have increased pasteurization time from 15 to 25 seconds. UHT does destroy M. paratuberculosis, as well as other pathogens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research