Dairy Alerts - May 1999
Contribution of the lactoperoxidasesystem to the keeping quality of pasteurized milk The lactoperoxidase system is a naturalantimicrobial system that can play an active role in the keeping quality of raw milk.However, there is little information on the activation of the lactoperoxidase system aftermild heat treatments such as pasteurization. The keeping quality of milk pasteurized at 72C for 15 seconds has been found to be better than that of milk heated at 80 C for 15seconds. The kinetics and mechanism of lactoperoxidase action were investigated. Milkspasteurized at 72 and 80 C were stored at 8 C and the keeping quality was assessed dailyover 16 days by measuring pH, clot-on boiling, alcohol stability, total viable count,titratable acidity and dissolved oxygen. The results showed that pasteurizationtemperature is critical to the keeping quality of milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Soft Drinks Has The Bottle to Cut Sugar - Comment
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research