Dairy Alerts - May 1999
Contribution of the lactoperoxidasesystem to the keeping quality of pasteurized milk The lactoperoxidase system is a naturalantimicrobial system that can play an active role in the keeping quality of raw milk.However, there is little information on the activation of the lactoperoxidase system aftermild heat treatments such as pasteurization. The keeping quality of milk pasteurized at 72C for 15 seconds has been found to be better than that of milk heated at 80 C for 15seconds. The kinetics and mechanism of lactoperoxidase action were investigated. Milkspasteurized at 72 and 80 C were stored at 8 C and the keeping quality was assessed dailyover 16 days by measuring pH, clot-on boiling, alcohol stability, total viable count,titratable acidity and dissolved oxygen. The results showed that pasteurizationtemperature is critical to the keeping quality of milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review