Dairy Alerts - May 1999
Contribution of the lactoperoxidasesystem to the keeping quality of pasteurized milk The lactoperoxidase system is a naturalantimicrobial system that can play an active role in the keeping quality of raw milk.However, there is little information on the activation of the lactoperoxidase system aftermild heat treatments such as pasteurization. The keeping quality of milk pasteurized at 72C for 15 seconds has been found to be better than that of milk heated at 80 C for 15seconds. The kinetics and mechanism of lactoperoxidase action were investigated. Milkspasteurized at 72 and 80 C were stored at 8 C and the keeping quality was assessed dailyover 16 days by measuring pH, clot-on boiling, alcohol stability, total viable count,titratable acidity and dissolved oxygen. The results showed that pasteurizationtemperature is critical to the keeping quality of milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends