Dairy Alerts - May 1999
Contribution of the lactoperoxidasesystem to the keeping quality of pasteurized milk The lactoperoxidase system is a naturalantimicrobial system that can play an active role in the keeping quality of raw milk.However, there is little information on the activation of the lactoperoxidase system aftermild heat treatments such as pasteurization. The keeping quality of milk pasteurized at 72C for 15 seconds has been found to be better than that of milk heated at 80 C for 15seconds. The kinetics and mechanism of lactoperoxidase action were investigated. Milkspasteurized at 72 and 80 C were stored at 8 C and the keeping quality was assessed dailyover 16 days by measuring pH, clot-on boiling, alcohol stability, total viable count,titratable acidity and dissolved oxygen. The results showed that pasteurizationtemperature is critical to the keeping quality of milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research