Dairy Alerts - May 1999
Contribution of the lactoperoxidasesystem to the keeping quality of pasteurized milk The lactoperoxidase system is a naturalantimicrobial system that can play an active role in the keeping quality of raw milk.However, there is little information on the activation of the lactoperoxidase system aftermild heat treatments such as pasteurization. The keeping quality of milk pasteurized at 72C for 15 seconds has been found to be better than that of milk heated at 80 C for 15seconds. The kinetics and mechanism of lactoperoxidase action were investigated. Milkspasteurized at 72 and 80 C were stored at 8 C and the keeping quality was assessed dailyover 16 days by measuring pH, clot-on boiling, alcohol stability, total viable count,titratable acidity and dissolved oxygen. The results showed that pasteurizationtemperature is critical to the keeping quality of milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research