Dairy Alerts - June 1999
Raw cows' drinking milk -tougher checks to be introduced Following a recent government policy reviewregarding the sale of raw cows' milk in England and Wales, it was decided that theconsumer should be free to decide whether or not to purchase the product. Concernsregarding the potential for pathogenic organisms, especially Escherichia coli O157:H7, tobe present within the milk were raised. This will lead to the tightening of currentregulations regarding the inspection of farm premises to every 12 months and of the randommicrobial testing of the milk samples to four times per year. These changes will alter thecurrent Dairy Products Hygiene Charges Regulations; these will be updated in the nearfuture. Other changes will be made in the labelling of the milk and it will now bemandatory to display warnings for the potential for pathogenic organisms to be present inthe milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future