Dairy Alerts - June 1999
Raw cows' drinking milk -tougher checks to be introduced Following a recent government policy reviewregarding the sale of raw cows' milk in England and Wales, it was decided that theconsumer should be free to decide whether or not to purchase the product. Concernsregarding the potential for pathogenic organisms, especially Escherichia coli O157:H7, tobe present within the milk were raised. This will lead to the tightening of currentregulations regarding the inspection of farm premises to every 12 months and of the randommicrobial testing of the milk samples to four times per year. These changes will alter thecurrent Dairy Products Hygiene Charges Regulations; these will be updated in the nearfuture. Other changes will be made in the labelling of the milk and it will now bemandatory to display warnings for the potential for pathogenic organisms to be present inthe milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends