Dairy Alerts - Jan 2000
Extended shelf-life (ESL) milk around the corner from your doorstep! Extended-shelf-life (ESL) milks are pasteurized milks with an extended shelf-life (e.g. up to 45 days). ESL milk has advantages for both consumer (e.g. convenience) and processor (e.g. milk can be distributed over a wider network). ESL milk has proved popular in Canada because of its fresh taste. This article defines the terminology (e.g. extended-shelf-life packaging and extended-long-life packaging) associated with ESL milks. It describes various techniques (e.g. bactofugation, microfiltration, steam infusion heating and advanced aseptic packaging methods) for producing ESL milks. It also discusses the labelling and legislative issues associated with ESL milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future