Dairy Alerts - Jan 2000
Extended shelf-life (ESL) milk around the corner from your doorstep! Extended-shelf-life (ESL) milks are pasteurized milks with an extended shelf-life (e.g. up to 45 days). ESL milk has advantages for both consumer (e.g. convenience) and processor (e.g. milk can be distributed over a wider network). ESL milk has proved popular in Canada because of its fresh taste. This article defines the terminology (e.g. extended-shelf-life packaging and extended-long-life packaging) associated with ESL milks. It describes various techniques (e.g. bactofugation, microfiltration, steam infusion heating and advanced aseptic packaging methods) for producing ESL milks. It also discusses the labelling and legislative issues associated with ESL milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends