Dairy Alerts - Jan 2000
Extended shelf-life (ESL) milk around the corner from your doorstep! Extended-shelf-life (ESL) milks are pasteurized milks with an extended shelf-life (e.g. up to 45 days). ESL milk has advantages for both consumer (e.g. convenience) and processor (e.g. milk can be distributed over a wider network). ESL milk has proved popular in Canada because of its fresh taste. This article defines the terminology (e.g. extended-shelf-life packaging and extended-long-life packaging) associated with ESL milks. It describes various techniques (e.g. bactofugation, microfiltration, steam infusion heating and advanced aseptic packaging methods) for producing ESL milks. It also discusses the labelling and legislative issues associated with ESL milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research