Dairy Alerts - Jan 2000
Extended shelf-life (ESL) milk around the corner from your doorstep! Extended-shelf-life (ESL) milks are pasteurized milks with an extended shelf-life (e.g. up to 45 days). ESL milk has advantages for both consumer (e.g. convenience) and processor (e.g. milk can be distributed over a wider network). ESL milk has proved popular in Canada because of its fresh taste. This article defines the terminology (e.g. extended-shelf-life packaging and extended-long-life packaging) associated with ESL milks. It describes various techniques (e.g. bactofugation, microfiltration, steam infusion heating and advanced aseptic packaging methods) for producing ESL milks. It also discusses the labelling and legislative issues associated with ESL milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets