Dairy Alerts - Jan 2000
Extended shelf-life (ESL) milk around the corner from your doorstep! Extended-shelf-life (ESL) milks are pasteurized milks with an extended shelf-life (e.g. up to 45 days). ESL milk has advantages for both consumer (e.g. convenience) and processor (e.g. milk can be distributed over a wider network). ESL milk has proved popular in Canada because of its fresh taste. This article defines the terminology (e.g. extended-shelf-life packaging and extended-long-life packaging) associated with ESL milks. It describes various techniques (e.g. bactofugation, microfiltration, steam infusion heating and advanced aseptic packaging methods) for producing ESL milks. It also discusses the labelling and legislative issues associated with ESL milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review