Analysis: Constellation's high hopes for South Africa
Following Constellation Brands' announcement yesterday (8 October) that it plans to acquire the South African winery Flagstone, Chris Losh fears that Flagstone's distinctive personality may be dulled by corporate homogenisation. But if it is allowed to retain its unconventional character, the move could be positive for both parties, and bringing Flagstone's charismatic owner Bruce Jack into the fold could be a significant boon for Constellation's Kumala brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director