just On Call - CAGNY 2013: Coca-Cola Enterprises puts faith in food for cola growth
CCE posted a volumes drop in CSDs last year
The campaign, in partnership with the Coca-Cola Co, will run throughout 2013, CCE head John Brock announced at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference in Florida yesterday (20 February). The company will also invest in the Diet Coke brand, which is celebrating its 30th birthday, while building on strong growth for the Coke Zero brand.
“We think all of those together give us confidence that you're going to see growth in our core Coke trademark brands in 2013,” Brock said.
It is the second time in two weeks that Brock has shown faith in the CSD category, which posted a 3.5% volumes drop year-on-year in CCE's full year results this month. In a conference call with analysts after the results were announced, Brock called sparkling beverages a “great category” that will return to growth this year.
Yesterday, Brock remained tight-lipped over CCE's potential acquisition of Coca-Cola's German bottling facilities, as an option on the deal nears its deadline. The option was part of Coca-Cola's takeover of CCE's operations in North America in 2010, giving CCE until May this year to take over the German operations. “There's nothing to talk about around Germany, or for that matter, around any other potential transaction,” Brock said. “When we have something to say about Germany or about any other possible transaction, we'll be the first ones to say it.”
The merger fell off the table this month after UK regulators raised competition concerns.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
Although AG Barr was on its way to the church earlier this month, Britvic was still having second thoughts. The end of the affair leads Richard Corbett to ponder what went wrong for the two and what h...
With increasing pressures on personal finances, UK consumers continued to look for new ways in which to save money. One aspect of this is the increased trend of cooking and socialising at home. Produc...
In 2012, a key shift in consumer interest was towards chilled products. Consumers increasingly looked to the fridge areas in supermarkets/hypermarkets for fruit/vegetable juice. As a result categories...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets