just On Call - CAGNY 2013: Coca-Cola Enterprises puts faith in food for cola growth
CCE posted a volumes drop in CSDs last year
The campaign, in partnership with the Coca-Cola Co, will run throughout 2013, CCE head John Brock announced at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference in Florida yesterday (20 February). The company will also invest in the Diet Coke brand, which is celebrating its 30th birthday, while building on strong growth for the Coke Zero brand.
“We think all of those together give us confidence that you're going to see growth in our core Coke trademark brands in 2013,” Brock said.
It is the second time in two weeks that Brock has shown faith in the CSD category, which posted a 3.5% volumes drop year-on-year in CCE's full year results this month. In a conference call with analysts after the results were announced, Brock called sparkling beverages a “great category” that will return to growth this year.
Yesterday, Brock remained tight-lipped over CCE's potential acquisition of Coca-Cola's German bottling facilities, as an option on the deal nears its deadline. The option was part of Coca-Cola's takeover of CCE's operations in North America in 2010, giving CCE until May this year to take over the German operations. “There's nothing to talk about around Germany, or for that matter, around any other potential transaction,” Brock said. “When we have something to say about Germany or about any other possible transaction, we'll be the first ones to say it.”
The merger fell off the table this month after UK regulators raised competition concerns.
Although AG Barr was on its way to the church earlier this month, Britvic was still having second thoughts. The end of the affair leads Richard Corbett to ponder what went wrong for the two and what h...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015