Coca-Cola Enterprises FY & Q4 results by category - Focus
Earlier today, Coca-Cola Enterprises reported a double-digit drop in sales and profits for the full year as weak consumer trends continued.
Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at volume performance by category for the Western European bottler.
Total full-year volumes declined 0.5%
- CSD brands declined 1.5%, including a -2% slip for Coca-Cola trademark brands. This was partially offset by Coca-Cola Zero, which was up 5%
- CSD flavours increased 0.5%
- Energy drinks were up 10.5%
- Still beverages grew 4% while juices enjoyed a 2% lift. The volume increase was driven by Capri-Sun, which grew 10% following expansion to Sweden. The brand also reaped the benefits of package and flavour innovations.
- Water was up 12%, led by Chaudfontaine and the continued expansion of Smartwater in Great Britain. However, total volumes in Great Britain declined 0.5% and volumes in continental Europe declined 1% for the full year.
Q4 comparable volumes declined 1%
- Coca-Cola trademark brands declined 2.5%, while CSD flavours grew 1.5% in the quarter
- Energy drinks were up 5%
- Stills rose 2% and juices were up 1%
- Water volumes lifted 6% in the quarter
- Q4 volumes in Great Britain declined 3%, while continental European volume grew 0.5%.
Purity Vodka has named a new CEO, less than a year after the previous incumbent took up the position. ...
The creation of Coca-Cola European Partners create a unified European entity for Coca-Cola, with this operating in nearly all Western European countries....
The new head of Coca-Cola European Partners has assumed his position on the company's board of directors....
Sales of NH bottled water are soaring in the UK, with 2015 seeing 11% retail volume growth for the second consecutive year....
Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) has upgraded its full-year outlook as the company nears completion of its first calendar year....
Consumers in the UK are increasingly focusing on health and nutrition, with a growing number seeking more natural diets....
Plimsoll Publishing’s Beverage Manufacturers (EUROPEAN) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Beverage Manufacturers (EUROPEAN) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research