US: Coca-Cola Enterprises faces rocky year ahead - analyst
CCE may struggle to come to a deal over Coca-Cola's Germany bottling assets
Higher costs will hold back CCE's margins while weak trading in France and the UK will keep volumes flat this year, analyst Nomura said today (8 February). The comments contradict CCE head John Brock, who said yesterday he expects volumes to return to growth in 2013.
Nomura also said a difference in valuation of Coca-Cola's German bottling assets means the two companies will struggle to come to a deal before May, when CCE's option runs out.
Nomura added: “The company has not ruled out getting involved in other M&A, including the possible refranchising of the US, but none of this appears imminent.”
CCE may see opportunity in buying GlaxoSmithKline's Ribena and Lucozade, the analyst said. GSK yesterday said it is launching a “strategic review” of the brands, with “every option”, including a sale, on the table.
CCE posted its full-year results yesterday, logging a decline in profits and sales.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research