US: Coca-Cola Enterprises faces rocky year ahead - analyst
CCE may struggle to come to a deal over Coca-Cola's Germany bottling assets
Higher costs will hold back CCE's margins while weak trading in France and the UK will keep volumes flat this year, analyst Nomura said today (8 February). The comments contradict CCE head John Brock, who said yesterday he expects volumes to return to growth in 2013.
Nomura also said a difference in valuation of Coca-Cola's German bottling assets means the two companies will struggle to come to a deal before May, when CCE's option runs out.
Nomura added: “The company has not ruled out getting involved in other M&A, including the possible refranchising of the US, but none of this appears imminent.”
CCE may see opportunity in buying GlaxoSmithKline's Ribena and Lucozade, the analyst said. GSK yesterday said it is launching a “strategic review” of the brands, with “every option”, including a sale, on the table.
CCE posted its full-year results yesterday, logging a decline in profits and sales.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
The analysts in this report forecast the Energy Drink market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 12.9 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the inc...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages