Channel trade down but debate rages on
Although cross-Channel shopping continues to cost the UK drinks industry and the Treasury heavily in lost income, the trade is not quite what it used to be. Addressing the Skalli & Rein Wine Industry Briefing at last month's London International Wine and Spirits Fair, Nico Thiriot, Sainsbury's project manager France, suggested that Calais' heyday was past. Chris Brook-Carter reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets