Change Brewing in Global Beer Industry
Heineken and South African Breweries are setting the pace of consolidation in global brewing but Carlsberg is looking to play a more active role in the future. The world beer market is highly fragmented and ripe for consolidation with the top twenty players accounting for less than half of sales. The global beer industry has also been slow to internationalise. Many of the world's largest brewers (see Table), such as Anheuser Busch and Miller of the US, Brahma of Brazil, and South African Breweries are still heavily reliant on their domestic markets, where growth opportunities are limited, and have consequently been seeking to expand abroad. Anheuser-Busch generates only about 15% of its volume sales outside the US, in contrast to Heineken, Carlsberg and Interbrew which each earn over 85% of their revenue in foreign markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends