Carlsberg Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
Carlsberg will reports its Q2 and H1 numbers later this week
On Wednesday, Carlsberg will announce its second-quarter and half-year results. Here, just-drinks looks at the brewer's activities in the three months to the end of June.
- In mid-April, Carlsberg gave an indication of its future strategy for growth, through its targeting of Asia's burgeoning beer markets. The group confirmed it had launched Tuborg in Vietnam, claiming the brand is "perfectly suited for Vietnamese consumers".
- In the UK, the company's division readied the release of two craft products - one a beer, the other a cider - to the country's on-premise channel.
- As it announced its first-quarter sales performance in May, Carlsberg's CEO, Cees 't Hart confirmed there would be more brewery closures in China.
- Meanwhile, analysts at Barclays said in mid-May that the company's recovery strategy was on track. "The process of putting Carlsberg back on the path to higher and more consistent sales and earnings is well underway," the analysts said, after the group flagged its cost-saving efforts.
- Back to the UK at the end of the quarter, and the brewer's unit in the country announced in late-June that it intends to close its self-owned distribution operations. Between now and 2018, the division will withdraw its porterage services and transfer its remaining logistics presence to DHL Tradeteam.
In the three months to the end of March:
- Sales in organic terms increased by 2%
- In reported terms, the top-line fell by 3.4% to DKK13.01bn (US$1.99bn)
- Volumes were down by 3%
- Full-year operating profits forecast to grow by a low single-digit percentage
Carlsberg is expected to remain a niche player in alcoholic drinks in Pakistan in the forecast period....
Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Bhd (CBM) expects consumption to remain sluggish due to the rising cost of living....
Earlier today, Carlsberg released its full-year results for 2016. The brewer saw net profits return after reporting losses in 2016, although sales in the 12 months of last year slipped by 4%. Here, ju...
Carlsberg Bulgaria was the third largest and fastest growing beer company in Bulgaria in 2015, commanding a 21% share of volume sales....
Earlier today, Carlsberg reported a 4% dip in sales in 2016, with operating profits in the year falling by 3%. Here, just-drinks breaks down the brewer's figures for last year by region....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends