Analysis – S&N takes its fight to Stockholm
This week is proving an eventful one in the battle for control of Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), with the UK brewer today making its official submission to the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, which will consider if Carlsberg's involvement in the bid breaches its Shareholder Agreement with S&N governing its joint venture, Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH). Meanwhile, pressure is mounting on the consortium to increase its GBP7.50 per share offer, and an improved bid could be on the table by the end of the week. Ben Cooper reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory