Analysis - SABMiller faces short-term bumps, but long-term look solid
SABMiller reported its first -half figures earlier today
SABMiller can expect short-term issues in Colombia and South Africa, but remains well-placed for structural long-term growth, according to an analyst.
Ealier today (17 October), the brewer reported a 4% lift in first-half group sales, helped by a strong performance in Africa and signs of recovery in Europe and North America. But, in a note following the results, analysts UBS flagged that the company faces some potential bumps ahead.
In Colombia, where SABMiller has 98% market share, UBS pointed to possible “volume volatility” ahead of elections next May. The brewer has already been affected by riots in the country this year and a weak macroeconomic environment.
In South Africa, where SABMiller's H1 sales were up by 7%, UBS flagged the risk of a “consumption slowdown” and a potential impact from a strike, currently on-going at its South African Breweries unit.
However, the note concluded: “Longer-term, SAB is very attractively positioned for structural growth, with the potential for +4% organic lager volume growth, +7.5% group sales growth and +10.5% EBITA growth per annum.”
SABMiller will release full details of its Q2 and H1 performance on 21 November.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper continue his review of the environmental efforts of the larger brewers. Here, he looks at Heineken, Molson Coors and SABMiller....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Australia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Colombia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets