Analysis - Pernod Ricard's China dip confirms slowdown
Pernod has seen sales slow in China
Deutsche Bank analyst Jamie Isenwater noted today (25 April) that Pernod's organic growth rates in the country dropped from 18% in H1 to -2% in Q3. “The question now is how long and how deep the slowdown will be,” Isenwater said.
An anti-corruption campaign, launched shortly after new China president Xi Jinping entered office last year, has had a “major effect” on Pernod's volumes in the country, Isenwater said. “Volume growth is slowing, mix is turning negative and pricing is more difficult to come by,” he added.
Last month, Pernod warned its performance in China would be hit by a clampdown on inter-governmental gift-giving and banquets.
In a trading update released this morning, Pernod posted a 5% net sales increase in the nine months to the end of March, and said it remains on track for 6% organic sales growth for the full year.
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018