Analysis - No end to Bourbon growth yet despite Beam Inc blip
Jim Beam saw sales slow
The global Bourbon boom remains on course despite a slowdown in Beam Inc's flagship brand, analysts have said.
Beam posted a 3% sales increase for its Jim Beam portfolio in year-to-date results, released yesterday, down from a 10% jump in full-year 2012. Beam has previously lauded a surge in global demand for Bourbon, promising new infrastructure to cope with extra capacity.
However, in a note today (1 Nov), CLSA's Caroline Levy said Beam's “core Bourbon franchise remains strong” and that the Jim Beam slowdown was down to distributor inventory reductions in the US and Australia.
She also said Beam's premium Bourbon brands, such as Maker's Mark, which posted a 17% YTD sales increase, continue to outperform.
Stifel analyst Mark Swartzberg also praised Beam's Bourbon portfolio, saying that management's announcement yesterday of Q4 price increases on Jim Beam is “a sign of confidence in the momentum for Beam’s most valuable asset”.
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters....
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research