Analysis - No end to Bourbon growth yet despite Beam Inc blip
Jim Beam saw sales slow
The global Bourbon boom remains on course despite a slowdown in Beam Inc's flagship brand, analysts have said.
Beam posted a 3% sales increase for its Jim Beam portfolio in year-to-date results, released yesterday, down from a 10% jump in full-year 2012. Beam has previously lauded a surge in global demand for Bourbon, promising new infrastructure to cope with extra capacity.
However, in a note today (1 Nov), CLSA's Caroline Levy said Beam's “core Bourbon franchise remains strong” and that the Jim Beam slowdown was down to distributor inventory reductions in the US and Australia.
She also said Beam's premium Bourbon brands, such as Maker's Mark, which posted a 17% YTD sales increase, continue to outperform.
Stifel analyst Mark Swartzberg also praised Beam's Bourbon portfolio, saying that management's announcement yesterday of Q4 price increases on Jim Beam is “a sign of confidence in the momentum for Beam’s most valuable asset”.
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters....
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research