Analysis - No end to Bourbon growth yet despite Beam Inc blip
Jim Beam saw sales slow
The global Bourbon boom remains on course despite a slowdown in Beam Inc's flagship brand, analysts have said.
Beam posted a 3% sales increase for its Jim Beam portfolio in year-to-date results, released yesterday, down from a 10% jump in full-year 2012. Beam has previously lauded a surge in global demand for Bourbon, promising new infrastructure to cope with extra capacity.
However, in a note today (1 Nov), CLSA's Caroline Levy said Beam's “core Bourbon franchise remains strong” and that the Jim Beam slowdown was down to distributor inventory reductions in the US and Australia.
She also said Beam's premium Bourbon brands, such as Maker's Mark, which posted a 17% YTD sales increase, continue to outperform.
Stifel analyst Mark Swartzberg also praised Beam's Bourbon portfolio, saying that management's announcement yesterday of Q4 price increases on Jim Beam is “a sign of confidence in the momentum for Beam’s most valuable asset”.
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters....
Brown-Forman Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Brown-Forman Corporation (BF.B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Beam Inc. (BEAM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Bacardi sees North America president step down