Analysis - No end to Bourbon growth yet despite Beam Inc blip
Jim Beam saw sales slow
The global Bourbon boom remains on course despite a slowdown in Beam Inc's flagship brand, analysts have said.
Beam posted a 3% sales increase for its Jim Beam portfolio in year-to-date results, released yesterday, down from a 10% jump in full-year 2012. Beam has previously lauded a surge in global demand for Bourbon, promising new infrastructure to cope with extra capacity.
However, in a note today (1 Nov), CLSA's Caroline Levy said Beam's “core Bourbon franchise remains strong” and that the Jim Beam slowdown was down to distributor inventory reductions in the US and Australia.
She also said Beam's premium Bourbon brands, such as Maker's Mark, which posted a 17% YTD sales increase, continue to outperform.
Stifel analyst Mark Swartzberg also praised Beam's Bourbon portfolio, saying that management's announcement yesterday of Q4 price increases on Jim Beam is “a sign of confidence in the momentum for Beam’s most valuable asset”.
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters....
Brown-Forman Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit