Analysis - Nichols CEO succession “meticulously planned”
Nichols announced the CEO switch last week
Marnie Millard's promotion to the head of Nichols has been in the making since she joined the company a year ago, an analyst has claimed.
The UK soft drinks maker announced last week Millard will take over from CEO Brendan Hynes in May. However, in a note today, analyst Investec said the move, a “surprise externally”, was “meticulously planned” after Hynes indicated he wanted to step down "some time ago".
The analyst added: “Marnie’s appointment last year (was) the first stage of the succession plan.”
Investec praised Millard's strong CV. Before joining Nichols as the MD of its UK soft drinks business, she was MD of Refresco, a European bottler of soft drinks. She also spent ten years at Macaw Soft Drinks, a division of Cott, and worked at Gerber, a market-leading juice manufacturer.
“Although she is not known to the City, we see no issues with the change,” the analyst said.
Meanwhile, Investec said a strong outlook for international markets and new opportunities in the domestic market mean Nichol's sales this year could increase by 5%.
Sales growth in last week's full-year 2012 results were 9% overall.
Cott is the world’s largest supplier of private label products in soft drinks. Its primary strength is North America, however it has faced a challenging environment particularly in carbonates as Coca-...
Functional Drinks in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets