Analysis - Nichols CEO succession “meticulously planned”
Nichols announced the CEO switch last week
Marnie Millard's promotion to the head of Nichols has been in the making since she joined the company a year ago, an analyst has claimed.
The UK soft drinks maker announced last week Millard will take over from CEO Brendan Hynes in May. However, in a note today, analyst Investec said the move, a “surprise externally”, was “meticulously planned” after Hynes indicated he wanted to step down "some time ago".
The analyst added: “Marnie’s appointment last year (was) the first stage of the succession plan.”
Investec praised Millard's strong CV. Before joining Nichols as the MD of its UK soft drinks business, she was MD of Refresco, a European bottler of soft drinks. She also spent ten years at Macaw Soft Drinks, a division of Cott, and worked at Gerber, a market-leading juice manufacturer.
“Although she is not known to the City, we see no issues with the change,” the analyst said.
Meanwhile, Investec said a strong outlook for international markets and new opportunities in the domestic market mean Nichol's sales this year could increase by 5%.
Sales growth in last week's full-year 2012 results were 9% overall.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review