Analysis - Nichols CEO succession “meticulously planned”
Nichols announced the CEO switch last week
Marnie Millard's promotion to the head of Nichols has been in the making since she joined the company a year ago, an analyst has claimed.
The UK soft drinks maker announced last week Millard will take over from CEO Brendan Hynes in May. However, in a note today, analyst Investec said the move, a “surprise externally”, was “meticulously planned” after Hynes indicated he wanted to step down "some time ago".
The analyst added: “Marnie’s appointment last year (was) the first stage of the succession plan.”
Investec praised Millard's strong CV. Before joining Nichols as the MD of its UK soft drinks business, she was MD of Refresco, a European bottler of soft drinks. She also spent ten years at Macaw Soft Drinks, a division of Cott, and worked at Gerber, a market-leading juice manufacturer.
“Although she is not known to the City, we see no issues with the change,” the analyst said.
Meanwhile, Investec said a strong outlook for international markets and new opportunities in the domestic market mean Nichol's sales this year could increase by 5%.
Sales growth in last week's full-year 2012 results were 9% overall.
Cott is the world’s largest supplier of private label products in soft drinks. Its primary strength is North America, however it has faced a challenging environment particularly in carbonates as Coca-...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profi...
Functional Drinks in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profil...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages