Analysis - Monster Beverage Corp poised for global surge
Monster is tracking down Red Bull outside of the US
Monster Beverage Corporation's international profits will jump 50-fold over the next three years, an analyst has predicted.
In a note to clients, Stifel analyst Mark Astrachan said today (11 April) that Monster's annual operating profits from sales outside of the US will increase from US$5m last year to $101m in 2015. At the same time, international operating margins will rise from 1.1% to 13.4%.
Astrachan also said the energy drinks maker is poised to cut into Red Bull's global hegemony, as it has done in the US and Western Europe. “Monster’s share has steadily increased in many international markets, an indication of solid consumer acceptance,” Astrachan said.
According to Stifel estimates, Monster will grow its international market share in value terms from 5.1% to at least 7.5% by 2015. Astrachan added: “We believe our rest-of-the-world growth and market share assumptions could prove conservative, given Monster’s substantial share gains over a relatively short time in the US and Western Europe.”
Monster is likely to repeat the formula of strong sponsorship and promotional efforts that saw it overtake Red Bull as the market leader by volume in the US in ten years, Astrachan said.
This week, Monster announced a US$200m buyback of the company's outstanding common stock.
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research