Analysis - Molson Coors, Carlsberg ready for craft "threat"
Craft beer is an "opportunity" for small brewers
Nomura said in a note today (16 May) that Molson Coors has managed a “small is beautiful” approach better than rivals after years of focusing on scale. Carlsberg, meanwhile, is finding success with a strong focus on local, and some global, brands, the analyst said.
The comments follow Nomura's attendance at the two-day Canadean International Beer Strategy conference in Prague, which ended yesterday.
“The overall theme from the conference is that the growth of craft represents both an opportunity (especially for small brewers) as well as a threat (especially for the larger players), not just in the US, but in most mature markets,” Nomura said.
The analyst also said Diageo remains its “preferred spirits company” because of its low exposure to a slowing China and wide-ranging presence in emerging Africa.
This week, Diageo's Asia-Pacific boss said he expects the spirits market in China to remain "soft" for the rest of the year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Alcoholic Drinks in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast ...
Beer in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014