Analysis - Molson Coors, Carlsberg ready for craft "threat"
Craft beer is an "opportunity" for small brewers
Nomura said in a note today (16 May) that Molson Coors has managed a “small is beautiful” approach better than rivals after years of focusing on scale. Carlsberg, meanwhile, is finding success with a strong focus on local, and some global, brands, the analyst said.
The comments follow Nomura's attendance at the two-day Canadean International Beer Strategy conference in Prague, which ended yesterday.
“The overall theme from the conference is that the growth of craft represents both an opportunity (especially for small brewers) as well as a threat (especially for the larger players), not just in the US, but in most mature markets,” Nomura said.
The analyst also said Diageo remains its “preferred spirits company” because of its low exposure to a slowing China and wide-ranging presence in emerging Africa.
This week, Diageo's Asia-Pacific boss said he expects the spirits market in China to remain "soft" for the rest of the year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Beer in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review