Analysis - Molson Coors, Carlsberg ready for craft "threat"
Craft beer is an "opportunity" for small brewers
Nomura said in a note today (16 May) that Molson Coors has managed a “small is beautiful” approach better than rivals after years of focusing on scale. Carlsberg, meanwhile, is finding success with a strong focus on local, and some global, brands, the analyst said.
The comments follow Nomura's attendance at the two-day Canadean International Beer Strategy conference in Prague, which ended yesterday.
“The overall theme from the conference is that the growth of craft represents both an opportunity (especially for small brewers) as well as a threat (especially for the larger players), not just in the US, but in most mature markets,” Nomura said.
The analyst also said Diageo remains its “preferred spirits company” because of its low exposure to a slowing China and wide-ranging presence in emerging Africa.
This week, Diageo's Asia-Pacific boss said he expects the spirits market in China to remain "soft" for the rest of the year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Beer in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research