Analysis - Mexico on track for Heineken
Heineken is holding an analysts conference in Mexico City
Ian Shackleton said today (6 December) the presence of the Dutch brewer, which is holding an investor seminar in Mexico City, has “greatly improved” in the region since its takeover of FEMSA Cerveza three years ago. Market share in Mexico has jumped from 3.4% in 2009 to 10.8% in 2012, Shackleton said.
However, the analyst warned of dangers elsewhere for Heineken as it battles ongoing tough trading in Western Europe. Shackleton also highlighted the risk that cost-cutting benefits under Heineken's TCM2 programme “do not fall through to the bottom line”.
In 2010, Heineken bought FEMSA Cerveza from Mexican group FEMSA, which is Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, in return for a 20% stake in its business.
At Heineken's Financial Markets Conference yesterday, CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer said European beer drinkers over 50 are leaving the category and the company needs to make its brands "sexy" to attract younger drinkers.
Product Synopsis This is a detailed report covering FEMSA Comercio’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Mexico....
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review