Analysis - Mexico on track for Heineken
Heineken is holding an analysts conference in Mexico City
Ian Shackleton said today (6 December) the presence of the Dutch brewer, which is holding an investor seminar in Mexico City, has “greatly improved” in the region since its takeover of FEMSA Cerveza three years ago. Market share in Mexico has jumped from 3.4% in 2009 to 10.8% in 2012, Shackleton said.
However, the analyst warned of dangers elsewhere for Heineken as it battles ongoing tough trading in Western Europe. Shackleton also highlighted the risk that cost-cutting benefits under Heineken's TCM2 programme “do not fall through to the bottom line”.
In 2010, Heineken bought FEMSA Cerveza from Mexican group FEMSA, which is Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, in return for a 20% stake in its business.
At Heineken's Financial Markets Conference yesterday, CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer said European beer drinkers over 50 are leaving the category and the company needs to make its brands "sexy" to attract younger drinkers.
Product Synopsis This is a detailed report covering FEMSA Comercio’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Mexico....
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research