Analysis - Mexico on track for Heineken
Heineken is holding an analysts conference in Mexico City
Ian Shackleton said today (6 December) the presence of the Dutch brewer, which is holding an investor seminar in Mexico City, has “greatly improved” in the region since its takeover of FEMSA Cerveza three years ago. Market share in Mexico has jumped from 3.4% in 2009 to 10.8% in 2012, Shackleton said.
However, the analyst warned of dangers elsewhere for Heineken as it battles ongoing tough trading in Western Europe. Shackleton also highlighted the risk that cost-cutting benefits under Heineken's TCM2 programme “do not fall through to the bottom line”.
In 2010, Heineken bought FEMSA Cerveza from Mexican group FEMSA, which is Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, in return for a 20% stake in its business.
At Heineken's Financial Markets Conference yesterday, CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer said European beer drinkers over 50 are leaving the category and the company needs to make its brands "sexy" to attract younger drinkers.
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts