Analysis - Mexico on track for Heineken
Heineken is holding an analysts conference in Mexico City
Ian Shackleton said today (6 December) the presence of the Dutch brewer, which is holding an investor seminar in Mexico City, has “greatly improved” in the region since its takeover of FEMSA Cerveza three years ago. Market share in Mexico has jumped from 3.4% in 2009 to 10.8% in 2012, Shackleton said.
However, the analyst warned of dangers elsewhere for Heineken as it battles ongoing tough trading in Western Europe. Shackleton also highlighted the risk that cost-cutting benefits under Heineken's TCM2 programme “do not fall through to the bottom line”.
In 2010, Heineken bought FEMSA Cerveza from Mexican group FEMSA, which is Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, in return for a 20% stake in its business.
At Heineken's Financial Markets Conference yesterday, CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer said European beer drinkers over 50 are leaving the category and the company needs to make its brands "sexy" to attract younger drinkers.
Product Synopsis This is a detailed report covering FEMSA Comercio’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Mexico....
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research