Analysis - Gruppo Campari faces "transitional" year
Campari reported a slight dip in full-year profits
Gruppo Campari is set for a “transitional” year as it invests in its global infrastructure but this could pressurise short-term margins, according to an analyst.
The Italian group yesterday (7 March) reported a 1.6% dip in full-year net profits, as sales rose by 5.2%. Analyst Nomura said the medium-term outlook for growth is “attractive” for the group.
In a note today, the analyst added: “We view 2013 as a transitional year with investment behind global infrastructure, for example Scotland and the US, as well as supply chain and commercial efficiency projects.
“This will put some pressure on margins in the short term; however, longer term, we think it should lead to greater efficiencies and stronger execution.”
Nomura said it views Campari as an “active consolidator” in the medium term. However, in the short-term, it said it expects the company to focus on integrating the Appleton rum business.
Nomura added: “We would use share price weakness as an opportunity to buy into what we consider Campari’s attractive medium-term growth story.”
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets