Analysis - Germany option could return for Coca-Cola Enterprises
CCE's option on Germany runs out on 25 May
Nomura analyst Ian Shackleton said today (26 April) a decision not to pick up an option on the Germany facilities before it runs out next month does not rule out a deal “in the medium term”. In first-quarter results, released yesterday, CCE head John Brock said the company has agreed with Coca-Cola to pass on the Germany facilities "at this time".
Shackleton said: “We had expected the option on buying Germany to be extended; however, even with the expiry of the current option, this does not rule out the deal returning. In addition, we can see potential for acquisition of other franchises in adjacent territories or of brands to expand the portfolio.”
The option, part of Coca-Cola's takeover of CCE's operations in North America in 2010, expires on 25 May.
Yesterday's results revealed a volumes slide in continental Europe, but Shackleton said “pricing appears robust in key markets”.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Hansa Borg Bryggerier AS recognises that beer sales in Norway are likely to continue to show a weak performance in volume terms during the forecast period, due to consumers’ economic concerns, health ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research