Analysis - Germany option could return for Coca-Cola Enterprises
CCE's option on Germany runs out on 25 May
Nomura analyst Ian Shackleton said today (26 April) a decision not to pick up an option on the Germany facilities before it runs out next month does not rule out a deal “in the medium term”. In first-quarter results, released yesterday, CCE head John Brock said the company has agreed with Coca-Cola to pass on the Germany facilities "at this time".
Shackleton said: “We had expected the option on buying Germany to be extended; however, even with the expiry of the current option, this does not rule out the deal returning. In addition, we can see potential for acquisition of other franchises in adjacent territories or of brands to expand the portfolio.”
The option, part of Coca-Cola's takeover of CCE's operations in North America in 2010, expires on 25 May.
Yesterday's results revealed a volumes slide in continental Europe, but Shackleton said “pricing appears robust in key markets”.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
The Coca-Cola Company slightly underperformed the world’s soft drinks market amid the recession in Western Europe and slow economic recovery in the US. It is actively expanding in low calorie carbonat...
With increasing pressures on personal finances, UK consumers continued to look for new ways in which to save money. One aspect of this is the increased trend of cooking and socialising at home. Produc...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit