Analysis - Coca-Cola Co's foreign bottlers in line for US entry
Coca-Cola wants to shake up its US bottler operations
Coca-Cola this week unveiled a new distribution model for the US that will offer five independent bottlers in the country the chance to expand their territories. Commenting on the plan yesterday (17 April), CLSA analyst Caroline Levy said: “These bottlers could likely add more territory in the future, and other bottlers such as FEMSA or Arca might enter the US.”
FEMSA has already made moves overseas, completing in January the takeover of a majority stake in Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines. The takeover was its first acquisition outside Latin America and an initial step in a stated ambition to spread beyond its traditional boundaries.
Levy called Coca-Cola's restructuring plan “the first step towards best-in-class execution for all of the US”. “We prefer in-market responsibilities in the hands of these talented independents, freeing Coca-Cola to focus on brand building and innovation,” she added.
FEMSA is the leading bottling company for The Coca-Cola Co in Mexico and globally. The company also manages a large retailing division under the OXXO brand with over 10,000 stores across the country a...
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd casts his eye over Habu, the latest soft drinks launch from The Coca-Cola Co in Thailand....
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
RTD coffee saw positive, but not outstanding, growth during the review period. In 2012 it registered a 6% increase in total value sales and 3% increase in volume sales, a significantly slower performa...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future