Analysis - Coca-Cola Co more dependent on North America
Coca-Cola released its Q3 results yesterday
The Coca-Cola Co's North American unit now accounts for nearly half of the company's overall sales despite growth in emerging markets, an analyst has said.
In third-quarter results, released yesterday, North America represented 48% of Coca-Cola's sales, CLSA's Caroline Levy said today (16 October). The figure was up from 44% in 2011, the first full year after Coca-Cola brought its US bottling operations in-house.
Levy said most of the share increases came from Europe and investments in bottling operations. The analyst expects Coca-Cola's full-year sales to be 46% North America.
The high sales percentage was boosted in the third quarter by a strong North America performance for Coca-Cola, with volumes growing by 2% in the period. Meanwhile, China grew volumes by 9% and India by 6%.
Levy also said that a shake-up of Coca-Cola bottler franchising agreements in the US could lead to the company offering distribution rights to a beer distributor. The plan, first announced in April, will allow Coca-Cola to “retain all manufacturing assets and simply offer distribution rights - plus assets like trucks and warehouses - to a franchisee who could be an existing system bottler or a new partner, possibly a beer distributor”, said Levy.
We're just over two months away from the start of the biggest sporting event on earth: The FIFA World Cup kicks off on 12 June, when host country Brazil take on Croatia in the first match of the month...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages