Analysis - Carlsberg's Russia woes continue but H1 "ticked some boxes"
Russia is a key market for Carlsberg
Carlsberg's first-half results do not yet signal a Russian turnaround, but the Danish brewer is on the right track in the difficult market, an analyst has said.
The company has “ticked some of the boxes on Russia”, Nomura's Ian Shackleton said today (22 August) after Carlsberg yesterday released its H1 numbers. The brewer has gained market share in Russia - which together with Ukraine accounts for about 40% of group EBIT - and posted an “accelerating price/mix”, Shackleton said.
Margin recovery is also “on track”, the analyst added.
The Russian beer market declined by around 7% in H1, as disruption from the enforced closure of beer kiosks hampered performance, Carlsberg said yesterday. Regulations on alcohol adversing have also hurt brewers in the country, but Carlsberg said it continued to improve market share in H1.
Shackleton said the outlook for the Russian beer market is a low-single digit decline in H2.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research