Analysis - Carlsberg's Russia woes continue but H1 "ticked some boxes"
Russia is a key market for Carlsberg
Carlsberg's first-half results do not yet signal a Russian turnaround, but the Danish brewer is on the right track in the difficult market, an analyst has said.
The company has “ticked some of the boxes on Russia”, Nomura's Ian Shackleton said today (22 August) after Carlsberg yesterday released its H1 numbers. The brewer has gained market share in Russia - which together with Ukraine accounts for about 40% of group EBIT - and posted an “accelerating price/mix”, Shackleton said.
Margin recovery is also “on track”, the analyst added.
The Russian beer market declined by around 7% in H1, as disruption from the enforced closure of beer kiosks hampered performance, Carlsberg said yesterday. Regulations on alcohol adversing have also hurt brewers in the country, but Carlsberg said it continued to improve market share in H1.
Shackleton said the outlook for the Russian beer market is a low-single digit decline in H2.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report