Analysis - Brown-Forman casts eye over Scotch buy
Brown-Forman released its year-to-date results yeterday
Brown-Forman is unlikely to seek acquisitions in the short-term but may expand its whisk(e)y portfolio at a later date, according to an analyst.
The company posted strong gains for its North American whiskey portfolio in year-to-date results yesterday. In a note today (7 March), Nomura said the company may look to strengthen its presence in the Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y categories.
The analyst also said that Brown-Forman could target local brands to “help distribution in new, fast growth markets”, which have performed well for the company.
Brazil and Mexico grew at double-digit rates in the nine-months, while India, Thailand and Indonesia were up by about 20% on average, the company said.
However, a “special dividend” paid out to shareholders in December worth a total US$850m rules out immediate acquisitions, Nomura said.
Brown-Forman has launched the latest online spot behind its ongoing Southern Comfort marketing campaign....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research