Analysis - Brown-Forman casts eye over Scotch buy
Brown-Forman released its year-to-date results yeterday
Brown-Forman is unlikely to seek acquisitions in the short-term but may expand its whisk(e)y portfolio at a later date, according to an analyst.
The company posted strong gains for its North American whiskey portfolio in year-to-date results yesterday. In a note today (7 March), Nomura said the company may look to strengthen its presence in the Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y categories.
The analyst also said that Brown-Forman could target local brands to “help distribution in new, fast growth markets”, which have performed well for the company.
Brazil and Mexico grew at double-digit rates in the nine-months, while India, Thailand and Indonesia were up by about 20% on average, the company said.
However, a “special dividend” paid out to shareholders in December worth a total US$850m rules out immediate acquisitions, Nomura said.
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
Brown-Forman has launched the latest online spot behind its ongoing Southern Comfort marketing campaign....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman