Analysis - Brown-Forman casts eye over Scotch buy
Brown-Forman released its year-to-date results yeterday
Brown-Forman is unlikely to seek acquisitions in the short-term but may expand its whisk(e)y portfolio at a later date, according to an analyst.
The company posted strong gains for its North American whiskey portfolio in year-to-date results yesterday. In a note today (7 March), Nomura said the company may look to strengthen its presence in the Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y categories.
The analyst also said that Brown-Forman could target local brands to “help distribution in new, fast growth markets”, which have performed well for the company.
Brazil and Mexico grew at double-digit rates in the nine-months, while India, Thailand and Indonesia were up by about 20% on average, the company said.
However, a “special dividend” paid out to shareholders in December worth a total US$850m rules out immediate acquisitions, Nomura said.
Brown-Forman has launched the latest online spot behind its ongoing Southern Comfort marketing campaign....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research