Analysis - Britvic on course for recovery
Britvic is heading for a better year in 2013
Britvic is well positioned for a recovery in 2013, helped by its Fruit Shoot brand being back in full distribution and a new CEO, an analyst has said.
The company, whose plans to merge with AG Barr are facing a competition probe, was hit with a product recall of its Fruit Shoot Brand last year. The company reported a 19% drop in full-year net profits in November, but a sales lift in this year's first-quarter.
Fruit Shoot is now back on UK shelves and Britvic has struck a deal with PepsiCo to roll-out the brand in the US. The group also appointed Simon Litherland as its new CEO last month.
"The business feels in better shape than it was when merger discussions were first announced," analyst Investec, which has re-iniated coverage on Britvic, said in a note today (7 March).
It added: “The balance sheet gearing is at the higher end of the acceptable range, but the group is focused on improving cash conversion.”
However, Investec warned that the prospects for the UK soft drinks market this year are uncertain as pressure on consumers continues. But, it noted that soft drinks are “proving resilient”. “As in previous years, carbonates are likely to lead the charge, outperforming stills,” the note added.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd casts his eye over Habu, the latest soft drinks launch from The Coca-Cola Co in Thailand....
As the number of brands competing for consumer attention in fruit/vegetable juice in Pakistan continues to increase, there is increasingly intense competition for retail shelf space in the category. M...
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research