Analysis - Anheuser-Busch InBev ready for global beer revival
A-B InBev's Brazil unit AmBev is the market leader
Anheuser-Busch InBev is the best-placed global brewer to benefit from a rebound in the world's beer volumes next year, led by Brazil, an analyst has said.
A-B InBev, which control's Brazil's biggest brewer AmBev, can expect a 2% volume growth in the Latin American country next year, UBS's Melissa Earlam said in a note today (16 September). Brazil is on course for an estimated 1% decline this year, Earlam forecast.
Global beer volumes are expected to rise by 2.8% next year, up from this year's estimated 1.1% rise, Earlam said.
Brazil's beer market has stagnated over the past year but next year's FIFA World Cup, set to be held in the country, and returning consumer confidence are causes for optimism, according to Earlam. AmBev has 69% of the beer volumes in Brazil and 94% of the profit pool, according to UBS figures.
Earlam said that SABMiller is “very attractively positioned” for medium-term growth as 70% of its profits come from emerging markets. However, civil unrest in Colombia could damage short-term volumes while volumes in Peru may suffer from excise tax increases. SABMiller has 98% of Colombia's beer volumes and 94% of Peru's, according to UBS figures.
Heineken's exposure to weakening markets in Europe could hamper growth for the Dutch brewer, while Carlsberg continues to find trouble in Russia, which accounts for 37% of the company's profits, Earlam added.
An analyst today said that Carlsberg may have more room to revive beer volumes in Russia from 2015, when excise tax increases slow.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Cider in US$ Million and Million Liters. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, So...
Danone Waters' North American unit has appointed a new marketing VP. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages